Social Media & Content Executive Job Vacancy
We are an award-winning branding agency looking for an exceptional Social Media & Content Executive to join our fast-paced, beautifully-formed and biscuit-loving team of designers, programmers, copywriters and film-makers.
Based in London Bridge, we seek a creative individual to devise, deliver and monitor social media content and campaigns in this newly-created, client-facing role. A natural communicator with a keen eye for detail, you will have a proven track record of growing online communities and creating content for use across a range of platforms and formats, including social media, websites and print. You will also have experience of using analytics to evaluate performance and optimise strategy. A strong team player, you will enjoy working with colleagues to develop ideas and proposals for new and existing clients. As the studio’s social guru, you will take the lead on identifying new trends and technology to help promote our clients and give them a competitive edge.
This is an exciting opportunity for an emerging social media and content specialist ready to take the next step in their career. Previous experience of working in an agency or studio environment is desirable, but not essential.
- Manage our clients’ social media accounts across all platforms to grow online communities and exceed agreed targets and expectations. Activity includes:
- Attending meetings and liaising directly with clients
- Researching trends, stories and ideas to inform content creation
- Creating and curating relevant and engaging content
- Scheduling, uploading and promoting content across all platforms
- Monitoring and engaging in stakeholder interactions
- Using analytics to evaluate performance, create reports and optimise strategy.
- Create, proof and edit content for use across all other platforms and formats, including websites, blogs, email marketing and print, as requested by the Directors.
- Work with the studio’s designers, programmers, copywriters and film-makers to develop ideas and proposals for new and existing clients
- Research and identify new trends, technology and platforms to help promote our clients and give them a competitive edge.
- Raise Hudson Fuggle’s profile across its own social media channels.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post and should not be seen as an exhaustive list of responsibilities. Duties may develop and change in consultation with line management.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- A thorough working knowledge of the key social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn and Snapchat) and associated social media management tools (e.g. Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Sprout Social)
- Experience of producing creative content, generating engagement and growing online communities
- Knowledge of social analytic tools and experience of using data to create reports and evaluate performance
- A confident and creative communicator, with excellent written and spoken English
- An exceptional proof-reader, with meticulous attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to take full responsibility for the day-to-day running of projects
- Proactive, able to multitask and prioritise a busy workload to meet competing deadlines
- A strong team player, able to take direction but also work on own initiative
- Friendly, approachable, diplomatic and hardworking
- Excellent IT skills (including MS Office)
- Basic working knowledge of CMS (e.g. WordPress etc.)
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Working knowledge of email marketing platforms (e.g. Dotmailer, MailChimp)
- Basic understanding of SEO
- Previous experience of working in a fast-paced studio or agency environment
About Hudson Fuggle
We are a creative consultancy with a deep affinity for great design and an unquenchable appetite for new challenges. Our reputation is built on the principles of clear communication and sustained by the people who turn to us for a constantly evolving array of services. Corporate and campaigning, in print and online, our team’s wide range of skills and approaches is focused at all times on our clients’ needs.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
To apply for this role, please send a covering letter and your CV to email@example.com by Thursday 7th September 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you.